Thu, 22 Feb|
The Crossroads Community Centre in Cong
Sound Bath Relaxation in Cong
Join us for a 75-minute deep rest session with the soothing sounds of gongs, singing bowls, chimes and hangdrums. This sound bath event offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in a unique experience that promotes relaxation, stress reduction, and overall well-being.
Time & Location
22 Feb 2024, 18:00 – 19:15
The Crossroads Community Centre in Cong, Gortaroe, Cong, Co. Mayo
About the Event
75-minute deep rest/ passive meditation session in Cong.
What to Expect?
During the sound bath session, you are invited to lie down comfortably on mats, wrapped up in blankets. It is recommended to wear loose, comfortable clothing to allow for ease of movement and relaxation. We will then begin playing the gongs and singing bowls, creating a symphony of soothing sounds that will envelop the space. As the session progresses, you may experience various sensations such as tingling, warmth, or gentle vibrations throughout your body. These are normal responses to sound-induced relaxation.
Some participants may enter a deep meditative state, while others may drift in and out of relaxation. Each person's experience is unique and personal. It is important to note that sound baths are non-invasive and do not require any physical contact. After the sound bath, you may feel deeply relaxed, rejuvenated, and cantered, and probably a bit sleepy too. It is common to experience a sense of mental clarity and emotional balance. It is advisable to take some time for yourself after the session to integrate the experience fully.
At the beginning of the session, we start with a guided body scan or yoga nidra practice which involves bringing awareness into your body or focusing on the breath. After the session, we sit down together for 5 minutes to practice compassion meditation.
Sound Bath is a fantastic opportunity to allow you to slow down your busy mind and relax your body. This is a place to connect with your heart, emotions, and needs, and check in with your body.
Sounds produced by those special instruments help you gently drift away into relaxation.
These instruments help to slow down your brain waves and stimulate the vagus nerve, allowing for deep relaxation, and creative thinking. This process allows for calming down the nervous system and allowing greater rest for the body and mind.
If you have tried other relaxation or meditation techniques, and you have struggled to achieve a state of calm and mindfulness, this session may be an opportunity to enter this state naturally and gently with the help of sound. Meditation on sound provides a helpful anchor for us to concentrate on, yet it can also be used passively as a relaxation.
Experience may vary from person to person, or session to session as no experience and session are the same, nor we are the same each time. However, there are some general and common benefits we may have during the session, especially if we attend regularly.
Benefits of Sound Bath:
1. Deep Relaxation: The harmonious sounds produced by gongs and singing bowls have a profound effect on the mind and body, inducing a state of deep relaxation. As you lay down and allow the sounds to wash over you, your nervous system will naturally shift into a more relaxed state, promoting a sense of calmness and tranquillity.
2. Stress Reduction: Sound baths are known for their ability to reduce stress levels. The vibrations created by the gongs and singing bowls help to release tension from the body, allowing you to let go of any accumulated stress or anxiety. This can lead to improved mental clarity, enhanced focus, and a greater sense of emotional well-being.
3. Rejuvenation: Deep relaxation can support physical healing processes, boost immune function, and enhance overall vitality. It can improve sleep when attended regularly. During a sound bath, as you relax naturally, your heart rate slows down breathing, and muscular tensions and pains can be alleviated.
What to bring?
· yoga mat or something to lie on (sheepskin, single duvet, self-inflating camp mattress)
· blanket or something to keep you warm throughout the session
· warm socks
· flat pillow
· Water to drink
· eye pillow or scarf to cover your eyes
We look forward to sharing this transformative sound bath experience with you in Athlone!
75min session - €25 p/p or €40 for two people (booked in advance through our website)
4 session passes available for €80
For more information
call Kasia at 0851386529
Please read our REFUND POLICY
- Ticket type
Tickets for two
This is a special offer ticket for two peoplePrice€40.00
+€1.00 service fee+€1.00 service feeSale ended
- Ticket type
+€0.63 service fee+€0.63 service feeSale ended
- Ticket type
This 4-session pass can be used for sound baths in Cong or Galway. It has to be used within two months from the date of the first session. Our sessions in Cong run three times a month and in Galway every week except Easter break and bank holiday weekends. The pass can also be shared with your family and friends. By buying this pass you are also booking your first session. To secure any other session please send me an email or a text.Price€80.00
+€2.00 service fee+€2.00 service feeSale ended