Mon, 19 Sept|
Yoga Nidra Conscious Relaxation – “Yogic Sleep”
Enter the state of deep rest and calm
Time & Location
19 Sept 2022, 18:30 – 19:20
Terryland House, Terryland Retail Park, Headford Rd, Galway, Ireland
About the Event
Yoga Nidra has been found to have many benefits for the body and mind. Some of these are improving restful sleep, a deep sense of rest and practice do stress management. Regular practice of Yoga Nidra rejuvenates the whole body – going into a deep state of rest and relaxation, hence healing and rejuvenation of the body and mind.
During this practice the body functions become minimal, metabolism slows down, breathing becomes slower and more relaxed, heart rate regulates, and hormonal function increases, leading to releasing of the toxins from the body.
20 min of Yoga Nidra practice can be the equivalent of 2h of restful sleep.What is Yoga Nidra?
Everyone can practice Yoga Nidra. It is beneficial, especially for those who struggle with sleep, trauma, anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD, emotional and physical pain, burn-out, and stress. It helps to experience a greater sense of peace and self-awareness.
Yoga Nidra practise evokes a state of internal awareness.
During the practise, you are lying down without a physical movement and with the intention to not fall asleep.
I will guide you through a detailed and specific script. The goal is to move into a deep state of conscious awareness of the body and mind and deepen the state of relaxation and rest. After setting the intention and "Sankalpa" – heartfelt desire, resolution, you are guided into the practice of rotating your awareness throughout different parts of your body.
In the words of Swami Satyananda:
“It is a state in which you are neither asleep nor awake. If you fall asleep, it is not Yoga Nidra. If you remain awake, then it is also not Yoga Nidra. If dreams overtake you, it is not Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra is a state in which there is awareness of the conscious, subconscious, and unconscious fields of your mind all at one time. It is a perfect therapy. It removes all psychological abnormalities and sanskaras, and helps you to become your normal, natural self.”The practice of Yoga Nidra helps to:
- Improve self-awareness and connection with the body and mind
- Change physical and emotional responses to stress
- Regulate autonomic nervous system response, and activates the parasympathetic nervous system
- Promote relaxation and rested body and mind
- Boost immune system, decrease inflammation in the body
- Reduce pain
- Conserve energy, and remove fatigue.
- Regulate hormonal health
- Control physical body functions such as breathing, heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, metabolism, regeneration process, brain waves
- Establish healthy sleep patterns
- Quiet down the mental noise
- Increase focus and concentration
- Decrease anxiety and stress
- Develop intuition and creativity
- Transform feelings and thoughts
- Become aware of hidden subconscious issues and allows to let them go
- Improve memory and cognitive functions
- yoga mat or something to lie on
- blanket or something to keep you warm throughout the session
- warm socks
- flat pillow
- eye pillow or scarf to cover your eyes
If you do not have a yoga mat or blanket, please let us know in advance. We will provide it for you if booked a day before the session.COVID SAFETY POLICY
Your safety and wellbeing are the priority of our work. Available places are limited to allow for appropriate distance between mats for your comfort and safety.
We ask not to attend the session if you have been in contact with the person with covid symptoms or positive test, or if you have any covid or flu symptoms.
Tickets are pre-booked so we can efficiently deal with arrivals.
If you have any suggestions or worries in relation to attending the session or covid safety, please talk to us before or after the session. If it is in our power we will do what we can to accommodate your needs and address your concerns.
We maintain cleaning standards between each session.
We ventilate and air the room before each session.
Please bring your own mats, pillows, and blankets for hygienic reasons.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we are trying to do our best to provide a safe and ongoing service for you.
We thank you for your support.
50min session - €15
(We also accept cash but cash bookings are taken on the day of the event so we cannot guarantee the space)For more information
call Kasia 0851386529
Each participant receives a loyalty card which entitles to a free session upon completion of the card.€15.00+€0.38 service fee